Enjoy Halloween Spider Web Pancakes all October long. Get in the festive mood with a creepy, fun breakfast with a cream cheese frosting spider web.
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek, a sponsored blogger virtual event, but, as always, opinions are 100% mine.
These Halloween Spider Web Pancakes an easy and yummy way to make it able for you to enjoy a bit of Halloween all day long!
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
Just last week, I took a great virtual cooking class hosted by TheFeedFeed where we made this awesome pasta. The instructor was Chef Marc Murphy. He shared stories and techniques that he learned from growing up in Itay.
His class was fun and fast paced because we were having a great time learning how to make this wonderful pasta sauce. I couldn’t wait to dig right in.
I am so excited that Halloween Treats Week is here again!!!
Participating in this blogger event is so much fun! We have a blast creating so many yummy recipes that are inspired by Halloween.
Plus, it’s a great way to engage with so many great food bloggers. I love to stay connected and inspired by other bloggers. So many creative people! Check them all out below in the round up!
Halloween Spider Web Pancakes
My kids love pancakes for breakfast!
I make stacks and stacks of them so I’m often making different kinds so they don’t have the same ones over and over again. I started to make these spider web pancakes 2 years ago and they have been a big hit with my family.
We enjoy these Halloween Spider Web Pancakes for the whole month of October because they are easy to make, are so fun and, really delicious!
The pancakes start with mixing the dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, Dixie Crystals Sugar, and salt- together. Then you mix the buttermilk and egg yolks together. Both of those are set aside while the eggs whites are beaten to have soft peaks.
It all comes together when the buttermilk mixture and cooled butter is mixed into the dry ingredients. Then the egg whites are folded in to create really fluffy pancakes.
Then the pancake batter is simply tinted orange with some food coloring. While cooking them, you add some chocolate chips. The chocolate chips then represent creepy spiders on the pancakes.
The web is made with a simple cheese frosting, that is just a mixture of cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
Now, these pancake are really awesome, but I definitely use mixes when I am in a rush. So if you want to use a mix, just prepare the mix according to the package instructions on the mix. Add the orange food coloring and then you’re all set to make pancakes.
Halloween Spider Web Pancakes will be a family favorite to enjoy all month long!
Take a look more spooky Halloween recipes from our #HalloweenTreatsWeek Bloggers today:
Halloween Cookies & Bars:
- Cake Mix Monster Cookies from Big Bear’s Wife
- Oreo Mummy Cookies from Savory Experiments
- Easy Halloween Cake Mix Confetti Cookies from Family Around the Table
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars from House of Nash Eats
- Eye Love Chocolate Sugar Cookies from An Affair From the Heart
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars form Back To My Southern Roots
Halloween Cakes & Cupcakes:
- Bloody Broken Glass Red Velvet Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Halloween Bats Oreo Cupcakes from Lemon Blossoms
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting from The Flour Handprint
- Halloween Monster Chocolate Cake Brownies from JZ Eats
- Halloween Marshmallow Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
- The Scream Brownies from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Mini S’mores Pies from For the Love of Food
- Jack Skellington Boo-berry Pie from Savory Moments
- Bloody Hot Cocoa from It’s Shanaka
Chilled Halloween Treats:
- Pennywise Ice Cream Float from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Wicked Witch Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
No Bake Desserts:
- Muddy Buddy Halloween Snack Mix from Tastes of Homemade
- Candy Corn Rice Crispy Treats from The Spiffy Cookie
- Kid-Friendly Halloween Snack Board from Love and Confections
- Rice Krispie Treat Haunted Houses from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts from Pastry Chef Online
- Ghostly Snack Mix from Fake Ginger
- Spooky Pretzel Rods from Take Two Tapas
- Halloween Candy Bark from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Batty For Chocolate Dessert Cheese Ball from 4 Sons R Us
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Ball from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
For the Pancakes
- 1 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour (8 ounces)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar, such a Dixie Sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Eggs, divided
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- chocolate chips
For the Spier Web
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperate,
- 1 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (preferably clear)
- 1 1/4 Cups powdered sugar
- Prepare the cream cheese frosting spider webs. Beat 4 oz cream cheese at room temperate, 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperate, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the frosting into a piping bag/plastic bag, set aside.
- To make the pancakes, mixing together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt on a very large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together the buttermilk and egg yolks, set aide.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl, beat the egg whites until they are frothy. Add the cream of tater and continue to beat until soft peaks are created.
- Mix the buttermilk mixture and butter into the dry ingredients until just combined- it will still be lumpy.
- Folder in the egg whites. Add in the food coloring until you have achieved the color you want.
- On a hot griddle, melt butter/spray with non stick cooking spray. Ladle 1/3 Cup of batter on the griddle, immediately add chocolate chips. When the pancake has a lot bubbles on top, flip for just 20-30 seconds before removing from the griddle.
- When serving, stack several pancakes and then draw a spider web on the top one with the cream cheese frosting.
Pancake recipe adapted from The Cake Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 826mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 12g
Spooky Season is here and it is time for 2020’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 3rd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsor and bloggers this year!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Prize #2 from Angie at BigBearsWife
Ninja OP301 Foodi 9-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer and More, with 6.5 Quart Capacity and 45 Recipe Book, and a High Gloss Finish
Prize #3 from Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar
Origami Owl Locket and Halloween Charms
Prize #4 from Kathy at Lemon Blossoms
6 Quart Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Prize #5 from Terri at Our Good Life
Young Living’s Thieves Mints ($50 Value)
Pop a Thieves Mint into your mouth for cinnamint-fresh breath after meals. Made with naturally derived ingredients and free of artificial sweeteners, dyes, and preservatives, Thieves Mints are a choice you can feel good about. Created with Young Living’s Thieves essential oil blend, these mints deliver minty coolness with a hint of warm, sugar-free sweetness. Thieves Mints come in a conveniently sized container that is great to take on the go!!
Prize #6 from Julie at Back To My Southern Roots
1 Copy of – The Peanuts Family Cookbook: Delicious Dishes for Kids to Make with Their Favorite Grown-Ups
Prize #8 from Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS
1 Copy of her new cookbook “Holy Sweet! 60 Indulgent Recipes for Bigger, Better Desserts”
Prize #9 from Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
1 Copy of her cookbook, “Incredible One-Pot Cooking: Easy, Delicious Recipes for Exciting Meals Without the Mess”
Prize #10 from Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog
1 Copy of “Friends: The Official Cookbook”
ONE (1) $75 Amazon gift card
Prize #12 from Shanaka from It’s Shanaka
ONE (1) $25 Amazon gift card
Prize #13 from Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Prize #14 from Amy from House of Nash Eats
ONE (1) $100 Amazon gift card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 5th – October 10th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 14 prizes and therefore we will have a total of 14 winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes. We would also love to give a huge thanks to our Halloween Treats Week bloggers because a lot of them also donated prizes for the giveaways, including: Angie of BigBearsWife , Nicole of Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar, Kathy of Lemon Blossoms, Terri of Our Good Life, Julie of Back To My Southern Roots, Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS, Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen, Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog, Michaela of An Affair from the Heart, Jennifer of Take Two Tapas , Michele of West Via Midwest, Shanaka of It’s Shanaka, Ashley of Cheese Curd In Paradise, and Amy from House of Nash Eats!