Hot Cheesy Spicy Sausage Dip is the perfect party dip to enjoy when you want something that is cheesy, hearty, and packs a spicy punch!
When you are looking for a new dip to try while you watch your favorite game or enjoy a game night with friends, give this Hot Cheesy Spicy Sausage Dip a try. Everyone is going to be impressed when you bring out that hot skillet full of ooey gooey cheese and meat.
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
I am a huge chips and dip person. It can easily be a meal for me. Salsa, hummus, queso, or tzatziki… you name it, I am gonna gobble it up with some chips. Thankfully, my kids are learning the jobs of chips and dip as a meal too. ha!
This Hot Cheesy Spicy Sausage Dip is one of my favorites. I adapt it to be less spicy for my kids but my husband and I enjoy it when it’s almost burn your mouth hot and spicy. It is perfect when you take a bite and then need a sip of beer to cool down.
Cheesy Hot Spicy Sausage Dip
This dip is is ridiculously addicting. I swear that is the perfect amount of cheesy, spicy, and meaty. And the fact that you dip right into hot skillet makes it that much more amazing. You are enjoying this dip when it is ooey gooey and amazing. All of your party guests will enjoy it too.
Start by deseeding the jalapeno and dice it as well; set aside. Then you will chop the onion.
Mix together the mayo, sour cream, and mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
In the cast iron skillet combine the onion and hot sausage. While they book over medium heat, break apart the sausage. Cooking the onion at this same time as the sausage, allows the onion to soften and absorb all of the delicious flavors from the sausage and it’s grease.
Once the sausage, onion, and jalapeno has come together and cooked add the softened cream cheese. Mix until it has been incorporated into the sausage.
Next, add cheesy sour cream mixture. Mix together thoroughly.
Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the dip. Then sprinkle heaping pile of chopped cilantro or diced green onion over the top of the dip. Serve with tortilla chips.
Be sure to grab everything you need to make this Hot Cheesy Spicy Sausage Dip the next time you are shopping so you can easily enjoy this awesome dip. It’s reason enough to have a party too!
What kind of sausage do you use?
I typically used the 1 pound roll of hot breakfast sausage (Tennessee Price or Jimmy Dean) but fresh chorizo is just as great. If you want it more mellow, than use the original version of the sausage for less spice.
Do you need to use a cast ion skillet?
No, you don’t but I encourage it so that it can be served right from there. Functional and pretty.
You can also prepare it in a skillet and then transfer it to a dip slow cooker so it can be enjoyed throughout a party.
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound hot breakfast sausage or fresh chorizo
- 1 Cup diced yellow onion (approx 1 small onion)
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- 8 ounce reduced fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1 Cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Garnish with fresh green onion, cilantro, and/or jalapeno slices
- Serve with Tortilla Chips
- Combine the sour cream, mayo, and mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Set aside
- In a large cast iron skillet, over medium heat, cook the sausage and onion together. Break up the sausage into very small crumbles while the sausage sautés.
- Add the jalapeno t the almost cooked sausage so it can soften while the sausage finishes cooking.
- Add the cream cheese to the skillet. Break up and mix to combine and warm.
- Add the sour cream mixture and mix well until bubbling.
- Sprinkle the top with the parmesan cheese. Top with green onion, cilantro, and/or jalapeño.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Recipe Inspired by White on Rice Couple
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 479Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 957mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 20g