Labor Day weekend is over. I am in mourning.
First, I am not ready to get back to work after the 3 day weekend. I’m just not.
Secondly, I just can’t believe its already September.
How is 2016 flying back so quickly?
I already ad my first PSL of the year!!! It was bliss. But let’s be honest, I did feel kinda gross afterwards. My body was like, “what have you done?!?!” So much sugar in a drink! So much fat! Def a treat from my black coldbrews. ha!
Anyway, it feels like everything is speeding by so quickly. I can’t believe it. I am going to have a 3 year old soon. I can’t even think about it. (Nor, can I deal with the fact that Autumn is back in a crib… I’ll save that for another post!) And biggest of all, we’ll have a house soon!!! It makes me so super excited to think about it.
Then I’ll be busy with that and speed will fly by and ugh, I can’t think about it!!
The #1 thing I can’t think about is buying so much stuff for the house.
Actually, that will be loads of fun. But bye-bye money!
My husband has started a mega list of things we need and want for the house from the refrigerator, sofa, storage options in the garage, and the rain barrels we plan to get. It’s all about staying on budget and watching out for sales!
Thankfully, we have been living at my Dad’s since moving down to FL so we are saying loads of money on rent (thanks Dad!) so that is a huge help for us.
As well, I have been doing my best to cut out getting breakfast out. Making quick stops to Starbucks or Dunkin’ or the local deli just kills the budget. $4 here. $7 here. $5 here. It all adds up.
So, these freezer burritos are a big help with saving money and for making the mornings a lot more manageable too. We can toss the burritos in the microwave while getting ready and they are done in just a few minutes, ready to enjoy!
I layered the ingredients on the burrito but I think I will mix everything together and then fill the burritos for a more even bite. But, it all works!
I hope these Freezer Breakfast Burritos will speed up your morning and put a bit of pep into your step with a quick, affordable breakfast.
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
Makes 6 burritos
- 12 ounces of bacon, cut into 1/2″ wide strips
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 Cup diced green onion
- 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Cups of shredded Mexican style cheese blend
- 1 Cup salsa
- pickled jalapeno slices, optional
- burrito sized tortillas
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp.
- Cook the eggs in a skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix in the green onion.
- Arrange all the tortillas on a clean work surface.
- Evenly add all the fillings to the burritos- egg, bacon, beans, cheese, salsa, and jalapenos.
- Form the burritos by folding over the ends and then rolling tightly.
- Wrap the burritos in plastic wrap. Arrange on a cookie tray. Place in your freezer. Once frozen, package up the burritos in large plastic zip top bags for storage.
- When ready to enjoy, unwrap from the plastic wrap, then wrap in a paper towel and place on a microwave safe plate. Microwave for 2 minutes, flip over. Then microwave for another 2 minutes. Let rest for at least 1 minute prior to enjoying.
You must be logged in to post a comment.