1o days until the wedding!!!!
HOLY SMOKES!!!! I’m excited and nervous. Not nervous about marriage, no I’m exited about that! I’m nervous about the ceremony and the reception. We have so much still to do and still to coordinate.
The jam favors need to get labeled, the gifts need to be packaged up, the centerpieces need some work. But it is getting there!
Thankfully, my dress is all done with. I had the final fitting last week. It needed a bit more of adjustment to fix two things but I hung around for that and was able to take my dress home that night. YAY!
On the other hand Price had his final fitting and they had to take his pants in another 3/4″ of an inch! Yep, he lost another 3/4″ since his first fitting in Mid March. He’s been working so hard and it’s really paying off by sticking doing another round of Whole30 (in April) and Whole30-ish foods since. Like right now, we are doing Whole30 most of the time with a daily cheat thing. It’s a good balance for us.
So making these Cherry Crisp Waffles the other day meant that we were really treated our selves. But let me tell you, it was worth it!!
The sweet, yet tart cherries were the perfect accompaniment to the sweet waffles. The honey flavor in the Honey Wheat waffles paired so nicely with the cherries and the cinnamon flavor in the crisp topping. I never used to be a fan of crisp toppings as I didn’t love the texture of the toasted oats but I’ve begun to change my tune as it really adds a fun crunch.
This just screams summer to me. Makes for a great brunch-y breakfast. Or even a dessert. Wouldn’t it be fun to change things up and do a real breakfast for dinner night and finish it off with one of these waffles.
As the recipe makes 6 waffles I called up Autumn’s daycare teacher, who lives than a block away, to offer them breakfast. Autumn and I delivered them before they headed off to church. Autumn of course didn’t want to wear pants for our walk over! HA!!
I hope that you enjoy these as much as we all did.
And 10 days!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!! YAAAA!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!! EEEEE!!!!
Cherry Crisp Waffles
Makes 6 waffles
- 1/2 of a 10oz package of Krusteaz’s Crisp Topping Mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1/2 Cups of Krusteaz’s Honey Wheat Pancake Mix
- 1 Cup Water
- 20oz can of cheery pie filling
- whipped cream & syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Preheat your waffle iron as well.
- Mix together the crisp topping mix with the butter. Mix until all of the topping is moist. Sprinkle onto a cookie sheet. Bake for about 7-8 minutes and mix the topping, return to the oven for another 6-7 minutes. Let cool.
- While the topping is baking, combine the honey wheat mix with the water in a large bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop out a 1/3 Cup of batter into your waffle iron. Bake until your waffle iron beeps, at this point steam should have stopped escaping and your waffle is golden brown. Place on a cooling rack while you make the rest of the waffles.
- Serve your waffles by adding a big scoop of the cherry pie filling to the waffle, and then sprinkling the topping crumble on the pie filling. Add whipped cream or syrup, if you wish.
Krusteaz has provided me with all sorts of fun mixes to create waffle recipes in a collaboration of their #BreakfastNight and my #WaffleWednesday. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Thanks for all of your comments. I appreciate them all.