Mango Chobani + Mini Cheesecakes + Girl Scout Cookies = Mango Bombs!
So this year the Girl Scouts came out with a new cookie called Mango Cremes with nutrifusion. I ordered a box to try them out. The first thing I thought of when I opened them up was that they smelled like suntan lotion. No, I’m not saying a chemical smell! I’m saying the fruity, tropical smell that I can’t get enough of. Pure spring and summer.
Besides just eating Girl Scout Cookies I love to use them in different recipes. Most recently I made a Samoa Cookie Cocktail that I garnished with a Samoa Cookie. So I got to thinking about how I could use these cookies and I decided on using the cookies as the bottom of mini cheesecakes, just like my Mini Creamsicle Cheesecakes with Creamsicle Oreo Cookie Crusts.
I basically used the same filling recipe for my Mini Cheesecakes with an Oreo Crust, with just substituting regular yogurt for the Mango Low-Fat Chobani Greek Yogurt. This made the mango flavor shine throughout the entire cheesecake. I used the Mango Creme Cookies on the bottom of the cheesecakes, but if you don’t have them then use Golden Oreos.
I decided to invert the cheesecakes and put them in a new wrapper so that everyone could see the cute cookie bottom. You can leave them right side up and sprinkle some powdered sugar on top. Or you can take out of the wrapper and serve with a fruity sauce on top.
The thing I love most about these little cheesecakes is how easy they are to make and how yummy they are! Give them a try!!
Mango Mini Cheesecakes
- 1 1/2 packages (12 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mango Greek yogurt, such as Chobani’s low fat Mango yogurt
- 12 Mango Creme Girl Scout Cookies or Golden Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Line a 12-muffin pan with aluminum liners and place a whole cookie of the bottom of each of the cupcake liner.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until creamy. Gradually add the sugar, salt, and vanilla; beat well. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing just until blended. Stir in the mango yogurt.
- Evenly divide the filling into the baked Oreo crusts, about a 1/4 cup of filling. The filling should should come almost to the top of the liner. Bake for 15 minutes or until tops of cheesecakes are puffed and only slightly jiggly in the very center. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least a couple hours, preferably overnight, until serving.
You must be logged in to post a comment.