How addicted to Pinterest are you?
I’m hooked. I love it like a fat kid loves cake. (sup 50 Cent!)
Sure, I love it for checking out Whole30 recipes or pie ones or cocktail ones, but I am currently hooked on house stuff.
I have been looking at everything from lights to garage storage set up and pantry organization to lanai decor. A lot of our house will come complete but there are things that just make more sense for us to do since we can do it more affordably than doing it through the builder. Plus, they have limited options for things, like butt ugly chandeliers for lighting options for the dining room. No thanks!
So pardon my overzealous house related pins, but looking at all this stuff is just too much fun! And it makes me wish I won the lottery. Dang.
Anyway, it’s Taco Tuesday and it’s also National Shrimp Day so I merged the 2 together for this weeks Taco Tuesday recipe post.
Since I’m still doing Whole30, it’s a Whole30 complaint recipe but I swear you would never feel deprived. (I just clarify that for those who think Whole30 is depriving/lame/crazy/whatever!) We made out bowls with cauliflower rice, but if you prefer you can make yours with white rice, brown rice, quiona, or whatever!
It took me about 10 minutes of prep and another 20 minutes for all of it to come together. It’s the perfect week night meal when you are craving some with some fun flavors and is fast to prepare.
Get your eats on with this Taco Shrimp Bowl. You’re gonna love it!!!!
Shrimp Taco Bowls
- 1 pound shrimp, tails removed
- 2 Tablepsoon olive oil, divided
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 Cup raw pumpkin seeds/pepitas
- 1 each of green, red, and orange peppers, sliced into 1/2″ wide strips
- 1-2 yellow onions, cut into 1/2 wide strips (yeild approx 2 Cups)
- 4 Cups mixed greens
- 2 Cups cooked rice (I used cauliflower rice)
- 2 avocados, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 Cups sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup chopped cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeno, sliced very thinly
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- your favorite salsa (I used a salsa verde from TJ’s)
- Marinate the shrimp by coating with 1 Tablespoon oil and then mixing in the taco seasoning, set aside.
- In a dry skillet, add the pepitas. Toast the seeds over medium heat, moving frequently, until golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over high heat. Add the peppers and onion strips. Let sit for 1 minute prior to mixing. Mix to allow all strips to cook evenly, but not too often as you want them to char a bit as well. When compeltely softened, remove and set aside.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet. Let cook on 1 side for 2 minutes prior to flipping, again you are aiming for some char, but not over cooking the shrimp. Cook until just opaque/white, approximately another 2 minutes. Do not over cook!
- While the shrimp is cooking, begin to assemble the bowls by layering in the cooked rice, greens, and cooked veggies.
- Add the shrimp to the bowls when cooked through. Finish topping off the bowls with the 1/2 an avocado, some tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno slices, and 2 lime wedges per bowl. Enjoy with some of your favorite salsa as well.
You must be logged in to post a comment.