So probably picking a bread pudding for this month’s Secret Recipe Club post was not the best idea since it’s been so hot out now. Wasn’t I just complaining that it was cold and rainy? Well, that is the way things go in New England. But not or not I swear it’s worth it to make this bread pudding anytime of the year!
For this month’s Secret Recipe Club post I had Shirley’s blog Enriching You Kid!. It had such a fun time going through Shirley’s blog because she had such interesting recipes. I went through years and years of recipes looking around for something to make and share. I had several recipes in mind but decided on the Banana Nutella Bread Pudding. I couldn’t pass up on having some Nutella!!
I kept all of the ingredients the same but played around with the proportions of the ingredients. Shirley’s recipe called for 2 cups of milk and 1 cup of bread. Since I prefer a bit drier of a bread pudding I changed up the amounts to 1 1/2 cups milk and 3 1/5 cups of bread. If you prefer a wetter bread pudding then increase the amount of milk and reduce the amount of bread a bit. Just as simple as that.
Hope that you enjoy this delightful bread pudding as much as we did
Banana Nutella Bread Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1/2 cups bread pieces
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or hazelnuts, optional
- Beat together the milk, egg, and sugar in a large bowl. Add the bread, sliced banana, and the Nutella. Fold together completely to combine, let soak for 30 minutes.
- While the bread is soaking up the milk mixture, preheat your oven to 325 degrees and prepare a baking dish by greasing all the sides.
- Pour the bread pudding mixture into the greased baking dish. Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, then let stand for at least 10 minutes prior to serving.
Check out my previous Secret Recipe Club Posts
Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.