These Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are so easy to make that you’ll be saying “Ta-Dah!”. You’ll also be amazing at how quickly they disappear. Yum!
Post from 2/4/18, Pictures updated 8/22/18
Do you know people who don’t cook?
I didn’t think people like that really existed, but my friend Dawn does not cook.
I think I saw her boil water once. Maybe…
But that’s alright since Dawn always takes me to great crepe, sushi, and frozen yogurt places. We even drove to Rhode Island once to get Rita’s Water Ice once. She knows where the good stuff is. She also knows what the good stuff, so when she said she made these and loved them, I paid attention.
Months ago, she msg’d me saying she cooked 2 things over the weekend. YAY!! I was very impressed. One of which was a recipe for these layered Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. They are made of a layer of cookie dough, a cheesecake layer, and another layer of cookie dough.
Price calls there ‘Ta-dah Cookies’. Why? Well I showed Price the instructions that Dawn wrote, which included “bake and then cut into small pieces, ta dah!” So, they are Ta-dah cookies in our house.
And let me tell you, it was pretty damn funny to hear Price complain that I brought the pan into work, saying “I only got one Ta-Dah cookie!”
I have made these so many times now and had very delicious cookies each time.
My only tips are to make sure the pan is well greased (I suggest Baker’s Joy) and that you chill them a bit before cutting.
To make nice clean cuts, run hot water over a sharp knife and then wipe it dry, before each slice.
You better make these Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars for a party. Sharing them will be a god excuse so you don’t eat them all. Plus, everyone will love you for them!
- 2 16.5 ounce tubes of chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 x13 baking pan.
- Using 2/3 of the cookie dough, evenly coat the bottom of the pan. It is easiest to break off small sections of dough, flatten in your hands and then put into pan to create bottom layer.
- Combine the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar. Beat until well incorporated.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cookie dough layer.
- Take the remaining cookie dough, break the dough into small pieces and sprinkle evenly over the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until top layer is golden and the center of pan is beginning to set.
- Let cool for 20 minutes prior to cutting into 16/24/32 pieces.
Store in a air tight container in your refrigerator for up to 4 days
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 24 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
Post contains affiliate links
Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.