The Superbowl is just a few days away so Amanda and I decided to make it our theme this week. My office has set up a Squares Board so I’ll probably get a square for $5. At least there is no thought involved at all like picking a winner or the score since I don’t know anything about these teams. Well, the only thing I know about the 49’s is that my brother used to deliver newspapers to Steve Young’s parents. 20 years ago. See, totally relevant.
Once Amanda told me she was making some awesome loaded up Texas Cheese Fries (seriously. omg.) I knew that I light drink wouldn’t do. Besides it’s a day about football so a beer really does have the spotlight. So I decided to make some Michelada Marias.
I had seen Michelada Marias made before by Ingrid Hoffmann on Simply Delicioso and I had always wanted to try one. I love beer with a lot of lime so I figured this would be great with it’s extra kick of a salted rim and sauces added to the beer. And it really was great. Ingrid recommends Tabasco but I didn’t have that on hand do I used a cayenne pepper sauce and it was good as well. You might be able to take an extra dash or two of the hot sauce but go easy on the Worcestershire sauce as you are already salting the rim and you don’t want the beer to get to salty. weird.
Makes 4 drinks
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 limes, quartered
- 4 (12-ounce) bottles beer
- Red pepper sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- On a small plate combine the salt and chili powder. Rub a wedge of lime around the rims of 4 (12-ounce) glasses and rub the glasses into the chili/salt mixture.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime wedges into the glasses.
- Pour the beer into each glass and then add a dash each of the red pepper sauce and the Worcestershire sauce.
Looking for more ideas for what to serve during the Superbowl? Then check out these perfect game day food and drinks!
- Hot Sausage Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Tomatillo-Avocado Salsa
- Party Pico de Gallo
- Bacon, Mushroom, Onion, and Cheese Stuffed Bread
- Cheesy Pigs in a Blanket
- Fried Pickles
- Sweet and Spicy Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Pita Pizzas
- Neiman Marcus Cookies
- Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Giant Peanut Butter Pretzel M&M Cookies
- Cranberry Ginger Margarita
- The Cure
amanda @ fake ginger says
I totally want one of these.
Aimee @ ShugarySweets says
Woah. Yes please. It’s Friday and I am QUITE thirsty 😉
Hello my family member! I wish to say that this article
is amazing, great written and include almost all important infos.
I would like to look more posts like this .