It’s 42 days until our cruise.
I’m super amped about it. SUPER AMPED!!!!
This will be our first vacation as a family of 4, so I am really excited about that.
So excited about these awesome cake mix cookies, but I’ll focus on the cruise first. Trying to control my wandering mind. ha!
We are leaving out of Tampa and are going to Key West and Cozumel. While we have been to both places previously, yet I am still really looking forward to the cruise. We are just going to visit these places with a different focus now, especially having kids now.
Like, we are want to see how Key West is doing post Hurricane Irma – hopefully well! Also, the last time we were in Key West was for our Babymoon with Autumn. So fun, but I need a drink in hand this time, especially from The Rum Bar.
We have had a Royal Caribbean Credit Card for awhile and I just recently noticed that we had some points expire. Unacceptable! So I started to look into cruise that we could take and how I could redeem the points that we have before they died off. I was looking for a really affordable cruise and ending up stumbling across one that had a BOGO 1/2 OFF deal with a Kids Sail Free deal. That means the 4 of us are taking a cruise for the cost of 1 1/2 fares. WIN! And I redeemed a ton of points to cut that price in half. I nearly had a Brandi Chastain moment when I got off the phone after I booked the cruise. AHHHHHHHH!!!!! GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!
Anyway, leading up to the cruise, I should stop eating all the stuff that is brought into my office from vendors (I can resist some chocolate, but toffee from Tampa based Toffee To Go… I WILL NEVER RESIST THAT FOOD FROM THE GODS!!!!!!) and these cookies.
I’m warning you, these are super quick and easy to make, and I swear will disappear just as quickly. Cake Mix cookies for the win!!!!!
White Chocolate Chip Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
Makes 22-24 Cookies
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 15.25 ounce package of lemon cake mix
- 2 Cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Place a non-stick silicone baking mat on a large cookie sheet.
- Whisk together the oil and the eggs. Mix in the cake mix.
- Once the cake mix is completely moist and lump free, mix in the white chocolate chips.
- Scoop 8-12 heaping Tablespoon sized dough balls on to the baking sheet (depending on size of baking sheet)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until just set. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes to allow of them to firm up in the center. Remove to continue to cool on a cooling rack.
- Repeat for the rest of the cookies.