So it seems fitting that I get through the entire winter without being sick and now… bam! I think it had really been well over 1 year and half since I had a cold and now all my good luck has caught up with me. Probably all of my running around to CT and NYC and added work, life, and bomber stress has cast its fate. Oh well, life goes on. Just super bummed out since all I can think about it getting home tonight and getting right into bed and passed out by 7pm. ha!
Anyway, this Blackberry Margarita has been calling my name every since I saw it earlier this spring. So sick or not I was going to make it to share. Hopefully you’ll becoming just as enamored with this recipe as I was.
Super simple to make and sooo good! I loved it on the rocks but I bet it would be just as good if you had it all blended together and slushy. The one thing I suggest you do it to strain the seeds from the puree. It’s not necessary as we enjoyed it un-strained but it will just make it that much more lovely and see free if you do strain it.
Be sure to head over to Amanda’s blog to check out The Seductive Swan. Her boys have been keeping her super busy but she has joined in on this Thirsty Thursday to share this drink that is as tasty as it is beautiful.
Makes 4 servings
For the blackberry puree:
- 6 oz blackberries
- 1 tablespoon water
For the cocktails:
- the blackberry puree
- 8 oz lime juice
- 8 oz simple syrup
- 4 oz orange liqueur, such as triple sec
- 6 oz tequila
- crushed ice
- sugar to rim glass
- lime wedges and blackberries, for garnish
- To make the puree, blend the blackberries and water in a blender or food processor until smooth. Straining through a metal sieve is preferred.
- Combine the blackberry puree, simple syrup, lime juice, orange liqueur, and tequila in a small pitcher or carafe.
- To rim the glasses, wet the edges of the glass and then dip the rim into sugar.
- Pour the margaritas over ice and garnish with slices of limes and blackberries.
Adapted from Tide and Thyme