Orange You Glad You Made Chocolate Chip Cookies?!?!
Ugh, I’m the worst! ha!
But you know what was the best?!?!?! Watching The Bachelor finale last night!!!!!
I had always told myself that I wouldn’t watch The Bachelor or The Bachelorette, but I was getting tired of being surrounded by co-workers talking about the episode that aired the night before without knowing what was going on and being able to chime in. So I started tuning in to watch the trainwreck that was Juan Pablo. And, damn it, I got hooked. So then we had to watch Andi on The Bachelorette. Which lead to us watching Chris, aka Prince Farming.
I mean, I still can’t actually beleive it’s a show that people watch. I’m ashamed. I think. It’s all so weird. But it’s a fun guilty pleasure (Just like Dancing with the Stars!)
Are you as excited as I am about The Bachelorette? With Brit AND Kaitlyn!!! Oh man, this should be interesting. Can’t wait for May 18th! I’ll get my wine and cookies ready!
And I might just need to watch Bachelor in Paradise as well to watch Ashley S. I swear she is just playing us all and it’s all an act. I mean, it has to be, right…
Anyway, these cookies have the perfect amount of chocolate and orange. I’ve loved that combo ever since I wacked into my first Terry’s orange. I stuck with the milk chocolate and orange combination by using milk chocolate chips in these cookies. Semi-sweet or dark work well but I think the milk chocolate is the best. I added a bit of instant coffee to make both the chocolate and orange flavors pop. And they really do!
Damn, I have to make these again. ASAP.
Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
- 2 1/4 Cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) butter
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon triple sec liquor
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 2 Cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the bread flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light in color and texture.
- Add the eggs, triple sec, and orange extract and beat well until fully incorporated and smooth.
- In 2 batches, add in the flour mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and gently fold in.
- Roll out 24 cookies and place on parchment/sil-pat lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes or until, just set. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for at least 3-5 minutes before removing.