Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
After a few weeks off from posting my usual Friday Sprint Cup Snacks posts (thanks broken computer!!!!) I’m back with one kick ass recipe that will have you running to the store for the goodies to make this dish this weekend!!
This weekend the boys (and Danica) are racing at Texas Motor Speedway. I figured that I had to make something that would warm up the house (it’s def cold in Boston!!) and something that had a bit of a kick to it! I thinking about making a big huge batch of chili but I started to think about snack food, which made me think about a plate of piled high nachos. (pregnant much?!?) And then I was lamenting one day about how the cafe in my office building has stopped serving tots at breakfast (what the hell?!?). That made me think about combing tater tots and all the best toppings on nachos to make a big pile of these…
I just love how the tater tots act as the perfect vehicle for all the toppings. Plus the tater tots change things up from the typical crunchy chip.
This is so great to make because you can easily adjust the size of the batch you make for the amount of people you are serving. I highly suggest that you always make more than what you expect to need since everyone will love to snack on the cheesy, spicy tots.
We (Price) are finishing up painting the baby’s room this weekend. Then we are going to assemble the crib so we can get to decorating like crazy since we only have 3 weeks to go. I can’t wait to get in there and reorganize the room and hang up pictures we have picked out. I’m sure we’ll be hungry after all that work, so I’m sure I’ll be whipping up again batch of these Ultimate Tatchos!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound of tater tots
- 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 1 1/2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and reheated
- 1/2 cup salsa (I used the restaurant style salsa from Archer Farms)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- sliced pickled jalapenos
- sliced black olives
- Cook the tater tots according to the directions on the packaging. (You want them to be a bit crisp so you might want to add a few minutes actually)
- In an oven safe serving dish, layer half of the tater tots, beans, and cheese. Place under the broiler for a minute or so in order to melt the cheese.
- Add the rest of the tater tots and top off with the remaining beans and cheese. Again, place under the broiler for a minute or so in order to melt the cheese.
- Top off with the salsa, sour cream, avocado, jalapenos, and olives.
yarnpawsandmeKathryn Egan says
I’m trying your recipe for the Sprint cup Race @ 3:00 pm this Sunday in TX. I LOVE NASCAR. I’m from North Attleboro, MA. My Husband loves mexican food.
hope you guys enjoy the Tatchos and the race!!
Tatchos!!!! Want these bad. Tots are the ultimate.
Emily @ Life on Food says
This was my pick for the SRC. So good! I cannot wait to have it again.