Sooooo big news!!!!
We now have the closing date for our house!!!!!
I really wanted to blog last week and share the news sooner but I was in a funk… my birthday was Wednesday and the Inauguration was Friday. My birthday and I just don’t mix and Trump…
Plus, we got the closing date from the company that handles the closing, not the builder. We were supposed to get the date on the 4th/5th but nada. Then we got the date on the 16th, but not from the builder. We were a bit weary so we didn’t get excited about it until we met with them on Friday afternoon to review somethings that we had issues with. (Bet I won’t get the requested built in fridge pics…)
We have been waiting for so long for this so we are really excited that the end is in sight! Less than a month to go!!
Thankfully, the closing date is the Friday before a long weekend so we just going to bust our butts moving things on Friday (after signing paperwork), Saturday, and Sunday. I have Monday off so I am just going to be focusing on setting things up. Like giving home to all the fun things we got for our wedding (June 2015!) that have never been unpacked. I am down right giddy with excitement over the fact that I get to unpack dishes from my old boss. Bliss.
I’m also thankful for these Ham and Cheese Roll Ups!!
They are a play on my Ham and Cheese Sliders. They are perfect for parties and for snacking on while watching The Big Game. They always disappear quickly when I make them for a gathering, so I figured I’d try to put a fun sping on them and roll them up!
They are made just like a cinnamon roll, but without all that sweet feeling.
The ham gets nice and warm while the cheese gets deliciously melty. The sauce on top is what just makes whole thing come together. (And don’t forget the Worcestershire sauce, I did that once… big no no!)
I bet that these will disappear in no time at your next gathering. A winning snack!
Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
Makes 24 roll ups
For the Rolls
- 1 Cup warm milk (100-110 degrees)
- 1 packet yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted (but not hot!)
- 4 Cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced ham
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced swiss cheese
For the Poppy Seed Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Add the yeast to the warm milk. Let rest for 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs, then slowly mix in the warm milk mixture. Add the butter and just mix to combine.
- Add in the flour, sugar, and salt. Using a hook attachment, work the dough until combined.
- On a well floured work surface, roll the dough into an even ball. Add the dough to a large oiled bowl. Rotate to cover the dough with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let double in size, at least 1 hour.
- Once the dough is ready, preheat your oven to 350 F and grease 2 baking pans.
- Divide it into 2 even portions. On a well floured work surface, roll the dough out so it is approximately 10″ x 16″. Arrange half of the ham and then half of the swiss cheese over the. Cut into 12 equal portions. Repeat with the other half of the dough
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the roll ups bake, make the sauce by combining all of the ingredients. Mix well.
- When the rolls are done, evenly coat with the sauce mixture. Serve warm.