This No Bake Peanut Butter Pie has a chocolate cookie crust with a lusciously creamy peanut butter filling on a chocolate crust. It’s irresistible.
It is just too cold lately. I’m calling it quits and I am just going to stay in my PJ’s eating this awesome No Bake Peanut Butter Pie. Pass me a spoon. And an extra pair of cozy socks.
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
We’ve had snow come down twice this week. No major storms or anything like that but just annoying amounts. Plus, it’s been so bitter cold.
Yes, I know that living in New England means it will be cold in the winter but this year really stinks! We’ve had plenty of snow already and TWO Polar Vortex’s decend upon us.
And while I would normally whine plenty while waiting for the bus in the morning and at night, I have a whole different hatred towards the winter this year. It’s all because I’m so cooped up with Autumn in the house. It’s just too cold most of the time to justify going out. Gotta keep the babe warm and toasty!
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
The cold is making me crazy, but it doesn’t stop me from getting in the kitchen. I love spending time in the kitchen so I was really happy to whip up this Peanut Butter Pie in National Peanut Butter Day!!!!! And the dog enjoyed the extra bit of peanut butter he got as I whipped up the pie. He is such the beggar and I am such the push over. ha!
This No Bake Peanut Butter Pie is going to amaze your taste buds. It is simple, delightful pie that is loaded with a luscious peanut butter filling. You’ll love every rich bite.
The crust starts with chocolate cookies that are run through a food processor. Then you add melted butter to the cookie crumbs, Push the cookie crumbs into the pie plate.
The recipe calls for chocolate cookies, but if you can’t find plain cookies, then feel free to use Oreos.
After that you add some melted chocolate and peanuts, before popping it into the fridge to set up while you make the filling.
Then filling easily comes together in a mixing bowl, when you beat the cream cheese and peanut butter until light and fluffy. From there you continue to mix in the rest of the ingredients.
You then fold the chipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Do this gently so you keep the light texture from the whipped cream.
Spread that into the prepared pie crust and then chill for at least 3 hours.
Note- it can be a bit difficult to cut because of the layer of chocolate that is on top of the crust. Be firm with the slicing and expect the first slice to be a bit messy. I call that the host’s slice!
Grab a slice of No Bake Peanut Butter Pie and enjoy every irresistible bite. You deserve it!
PS- A picture of Autumn I took yesterday. And, I just had to share. xo
What Kind of peanut butter is in the recipe?
You want to use a creamy peanut butter. Chunky will not work for the filling. I think that Skippy or Jiff work well.
What kind of cookies are in the recipe?
A plain chocolate cookie is called for, but if you can’t find that, then just use chocolate sandwich cookies.
Can I use Whipped Topping instead of Whipped Cream?
While you can use whipped topping instead of whipped cream, I suggest whipped cream. Whipped Topping is sweetened so if you use that instead of just whipped cream (heavy cream), the pie will be pretty sweet. Other than that, you can substitute it.
More Yummy Peanut Butter Treats
For the Crust
- 8 ounces chocolate cookies
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup chopped peanuts
For the Filling
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Cup creamy-style peanut butter
- 1 Cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
For the Garnish
- chocolate chips
- whipped cream
- To make the filling, Add the chocolate cookies to the bowl of a food processor and process until crumbs form. Pour the melted butter in and pulse until combined.
- Firmly press the cookie crumb mixture into a 9" pie plate or spring form pan. If using a spring form pan, press the mixture about 1-inch up the sides of the pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave. Pour the melted chocolate over the bottom of the cookie crust and gently spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts over the chocolate. Place the pan into the refrigerator while preparing the peanut butter filling.
- Pour the heavy cream into a large bowl or into the bowl of a stand mixer and whip until soft peaks form. Place the whipped cream into the refrigerator.
- Beat the cream cheese and peanut butter together until fluffy. Next, add the condensed milk and beat until incorporated. Then slowly add the confectioner's sugar until blending together. Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice, beating until the filling is smooth.
- Gently fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the filling until just blended together. Then fold in the remaining whipped cream until any white streaks are gone.
- Pour the filling into prepared pie plate/pan, smooth the top and sprinkle with additional chocolate chips or peanuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Slightly adapted from Steamy Kitchen
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 782Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 376mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 3gSugar: 61gProtein: 15g