You guys this recipe knocked my socks off.
And then the dog ate them. Just kidding! He only eats the baby’s socks. And thankfully it’s summer so we’re going barefoot now. woohoo!
This recipe is simple but it hits all the right notes.
Since getting this month’s Secret Recipe Club assignment I’ve made this twice. Making a recipe again when I don’t have to is big. Especially in such a short period of time! But when you find something you love you go with it. And I loved Mary Kay’s blog called Homemade Cravings. Seriously, I had some cravings after I checked out her blog.
Check these out… Mini Layer Nacho Bites, Panera Autumn Squash Soup, Cream Cheese and Caramel Frost Apple Cupcakes. See, she has great taste! Check out her Pinterest account too. She pins some great dishes as well. yum!
Since I made this twice I made some alterations the second time around. Nothing too drastic but just a few things to make it my own. I increased the amount of chicken to the recipe to add more protein and increase the amount of servings this pasta dish made. (hello leftovers!) As well, I increased the amount of sauce that is made since I loved it the first time I made it so I had to have more!
It’s quick to get all of this together but my tip to you is how to get the kernels off the corn cobs easily and neatly. Take a big pan and put an upside down bowl in the middle of it. That is going to be your pedestal where you hold up your corn, bottom side down. Then you run your knife down the side of the corn, allowing the kernels to fall off into the pan.
Be sure to use all the great fresh corn you have at your finger tips this summer when you are making this great pasta dish. Yum! I bet this would also be great with some fresh zucchini as well.
Fusilli with Fresh Corn and Chicken in a Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1 pound Fusilli (Rontini works well too)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 ears of fresh corn on the cob, kernels cut off
- 3/4 Cup half and half
- 1/2 Cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook the fusilli according to instructions on package. Reserve 1 Cup of the pasta water.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the chicken pieces. Brown the chicken and then move to the outer edges of the skillet.
- Add the garlic to the center of the skillet and saute for a minute.
- Add the corn kernels to the skillet. Mix everything together and cook for another 4-5 minutes until tender, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- Add the cup of pasta water, half and half, and the cheese. Allow to come to a low boil.
- Remove from heat and toss with the drained fusilli until all pasta is evenly coated. Toss with the minced parsley.
Adapted from Homemade Cravings
There are so many other great posts out today. Be sure to check them out on the link below:
As well, check out my 2 years of Secret Recipe Club posts!!!!
Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.