I have a new addiction. Oh baby, it’s a good one!
I can’t stop watching “Married At First Sight”. I just discovered it a few weeks ago so I am so into now. I am watching the latest episode as I write this. I know it’s going to take me 5x longer to write this post as I will be so distracted watching it.
ummm, 5 minutes just passed as my fingers rested on the keys as I watched…
It’s so interesting! It’s so weird. It’s so amazing. I mean, these 3 couples met each other at the alter. For real, they learned their names then. That’s insane, but cool.
I can’t figure out which couple I like the most. Or which one will actually continue on by committing to stay married after the ‘experiment’ phase.
All I do know is that I love to watch the current season and watching last season.
Anyway, I made these Bacon Chocolate Waffles a few years (ago and shared it then but I wanted to share it again as I had make some tweaks over the years. Mainly more bacon and more chocolate, obviously.
They do such a good job of combining the salty and sweet flavors. Every bite gets a bit of bacon and chocolate. I’ve made them with both regular semi-sweet chocolate chips and mini chips. It’s good both ways. When you make it with regular chips you get bigger bursts of chocolate in each bite, but with the mini chips you get more chocolate coverage. You can’t go wrong either way.
I insist that you make these! Plus, you gotta binge watch “Married at First Sight” so that we can catch up and dish on your favorite couple!!
Bacon Chocolate Waffles
Makes 12-14 (4″ Square) waffles
- 1/2 pound of bacon
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Cut the bacon into small pieces. I suggest using a scissor. In a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove and place on paper towels to drain away the excess fat.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk together the egg, oil, vanilla and buttermilk in a small bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips and crumbled bacon.
- Preheat your waffle iron. When ready, scoop a 1/3 Cup of batter into your waffle iron. Cook until the steam has finished escaping out the sides and the waffles are golden brown. Serve with syrup & fresh fruit.
*If you don’t have buttermilk on hand you can make your own with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar for every cup of milk and let it sit for 5 minutes
amanda @ fake ginger says
I only watched the first two episodes so I’m probably not a good person to ask but I don’t think I like any of the couples right now. I really want (I don’t know any of their names) the girl who didn’t like her husband at first… that couple… I really want them to work because he seems so nice.
yeah, he is so nice. It’s nice that she is starting to like him now. You gotta catch up!!!