You know those weeks when you need to give yourself a pep talk before the week has even started?
Yeah, well this week is one of those weeks.
I had a great time with my family this past weekend in New York. We went into The City to see the tree at Rockefeller Center, do some shopping at Bryant Park Winter Shops, and fight off the dressed up characters in Times Square from trying to take pictures with us, therefore requesting a tip. Plus, they scare Autumn, even the Minnie and Mickey ones, which surprised me.
Anyway, the weather was incredible as it was unseasonably warm, so we barely needed coats. Plus, we had lunch outside at Empanada Mama. Sitting outside in December without a coat on… unheard of in NYC!!
So after a great weekend spending time with my family, I’m crashing and burning even before the week has begun. I just want to win the lottery so I can spend my days wandering around where ever and have my family tag along too on differnt adventures. Wouldn’t that be nice?!?!
To soften the blow of the new work week, I baked up a few of these Chocolate Chunk Chocolate Pudding Cookies for us to enjoy while we caught up on our DVR’d shows we missed over the weekend.
I can’t resist making pudding cookies!!
They are so super soft. If you like soft, pillowy cookies then I swear you will be hooked on these, and all pudding cookies in general. And if you like chocolate you will love these as I used chocolate pudding and big chocolate chunks. Super chocolately!!
This recipes makes quite a few smaller cookies, but if you prefer a bigger cookie then just divide the dough into a smaller number of pieces to make 24, 18, or even 12 mega cookies. Just keep in mind that the larger cookies will require a bit longer baking.
Also, these cookies freeze really well. I laid the balls of cookie dough out on a non-stick baking sheet and put them in the freezer. Once they were completely frozen I popped them off the non-stick baking sheet and put them into a container. Then I bake them like normal when I want a fresh cookie. I just need to add an 2 minutes or so since I am baking them from frozen.
These cookies will be a wonderful, soft, chocolately addition to your holiday baking this year!!
Chocolate Chunk Chocolate Pudding Cookies
Makes 36 cookies
- 2 Cups and 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (5.9 oz) package chocolate pudding
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ounces chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in pudding mix and beat until well blended. Then add eggs and vanilla extract, beat again to mix.
- Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated. Add chocolate chunks and beat just until they are incorporated.
- Roll into 36 1″ balls and place on a non-stick baking sheet lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, until the center is just set. Remove and place on a wire cooling rack.