There are so many things going on right now, I don’t even know where to begin!
“Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop.”
I have just 9 days left at work before moving. It’s scary and wonderful at the same time. I’ve been here for over 9 years and I love where I am and what I do, but it’s time for some change.
The tickets for Autumn and I to move on 2/15 are booked.
My dad is flying up tomorrow to get our loaded up car to drive to CT to stay at my sister’s, then he will take the Auto Train from VA to FL arriving on Friday. And then my brother and dad will unload the car and assemble Autumn’s crib while my brother is on vacation. My family just effing rocks!
And that bag of poop with a spray tan, wearing a toupee didn’t win in Iowa. So that’s pretty awesome.
Plus, I have these bangin’ Buffalo Chicken Tacos for you today!
And I didn’t purposefully make them for the ‘Big Game’! I just made them because I was really craving some buffalo chicken and ta-da, I made some tacos. Duh! It’s Taco Tuesday! Double duh!
Did you know that the NFL owns the rights to “Super Bowl” and retailers and TV shows reference it as “The Big Game”, “Game Day”, etc so they don’t have to pay the NFL? I find it silly and awesome. There should be a drinking game for how many times the hosts of Food Network’s The Kitchen day “The Big Game”. Love it!
Anyway, these took about 15 minutes to whip up, which is perfect for a lunch or quick dinner. Or to even throw together for your friends while you watch “The Big Game!!!”
I made my own blue cheese dressing since I really like to make most of my own dressings, but you can make things even easier for yourself and just grab your favorite blue cheese dressing.
You can’t go wrong with buffalo chicken!
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Makes 4-6 Tacos
- 1/2 Tablespoon oil (just enough to coat the surface of the pan)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 Cup cayenne pepper hot sauce, such as Frank’s
- 4-6 flour tortillas
- pickled onions (make at least 1 hour ahead of time!)
For the Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/3 Cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 Cup mayo
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering, add the chicken. Stir occasionally to brown on all sides. When chicken is almost cooked through, add the butter and the hot sauce. Simmer for 1 minute.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the blue cheese dressing. Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Serve tacos by filling a tortilla with some greens, chicken, blue cheese dressing, and pickled onions.
A lot going on! Plus we have to tell Autumn everything is going to Florida. So sad and exciting at the same time. Her body language when she walked into her room and saw the crib was gone was just so sad.
I had to edit a post to say “the big game” yesterday! So lame. So many exciting things happening right now! I can’t even wait to see snapchats of the travel day!
Yes, you do have an awesome family and these tacos are a go to yum
Trying theses for my next taco night!
Tomorrow is taco night. These are happening.
That looks delicious!