IT’S S’MORES WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amanda, from Fake Ginger, and I have been waiting all year for this week!!!
It’s our 3rd S’mores week! That means we have shared 20 s’mores recipes together. And you better brace yourself for another 10!!!
We have been joking that we have been keeping Hershey’s in business since we have been doing so many trips to the grocery store for chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows. SO MANY MARSHMALLOWS!!
Even my Dad has been enjoying the goodies I have been making for the past few weeks as even though he hates marshmallow. He reminds me that often as he eats another treat filled with marshmallows. I guess the point is that s’mores hook people. They just get ya and suck you into their sugary coma inducing deliciousness.
This S’mores Cheese Ball is the perfect change up to your average cheese ball that is a hit appetizer. Now you can enjoy a cheese ball for dessert!!
It’s so simple to make and is so delicious. Plus, it’s just fun.
The only real tip I have related to making this cheese ball is that you don’t want a lot of the mini marshmallows on the outside of the cheese ball as the coating won’t stick to them. So take a minute to push them in and keep the cream cheese on the outside so the coating will stick nicely.
I went on a mission to find the marshmallow bits since my local grocery store didn’t have them, but Target did. Target to the rescue. That is why I love Target so dang much.
Also, I found graham cracker dippers at my local grocery store, which are just graham crackers that are in long shapes to make dipping easy. If you don’t have them where you live, then just use graham crackers that you break off into segments.
Be sure to make this for your next party! It will be a hit!
S’mores Cheese Ball
Makes 1 large ball, will feed a crowd of 8-12
For the cheese ball
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 Cup marshmallow Fluff
- 1/2 Cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the outer coating
- 1/3 Cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup marshmallow bits
- graham cracker dippers
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla bean pasta. Add in the marshmallow Fluff and beat well.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix in the mini marshmallow and mini chocolate chips.
- Dump out the mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper. Using the parchment paper, sculpt the mixture into a ball. Push the mini marshmallows into the ball. Place into a round bowl.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- While cheese ball is chilling, combine the graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, and marshmallow bits on a large plate and mix.
- Remove cheese ball from the freezer. Remove the cheese ball from the parchment and roll in graham cracker mixture and refine further into a call using your hands.
- Refrigerate the coated cheese ball least 30 minutes before serving. Server with graham cracker dippers.
Be sure to check out the S’mores Poke Cake from Amanda!!
OMG that looks so good! I want that frosting!