Let’s talk Podcasts.
I am super behind the times and just ‘discovered’ them.
I know, I know. I am lame. But it’s true.
Still reeling from when John & Sherry quit blogging at Young House Love last year, but things are getting better now that they have a podcast.
I downloaded the Stitcher app on my phone and now I’m hooked. I have gone through all their podcast episodes, and now I’m discovering others.
I’m burning through the David Gregory Show, I listen to NBC’s Meet The Press too. I have added Chris Loves Julia to my favorites to check them out. Gilmore Guys… yes please! I have been adding bunches and bunches to my queue.
Send me podcast recommendations!!!!
Anywho, it’s Tuesday… so it means Taco Tuesday.
So what am I doing posting a chicken?
I use the ‘Taco Tuesday’ loosely in this sense so that I can make cool dishes like this chicken that is loaded up with Mexican spices and flavor notes. Plus, it’s super cool to slice this chicken up and load it up on a taco.
I mean, I’m not telling you how to live your life and eat tacos, but it’s cool to change things up and have some roasted chicken in tacos. Give it a try so you don’t just eat the same ground beef tacos. Although I could eat them 24/7…
We get chicken whenever it’s on sale or when we go to Costco since we try to cook them up every weekend, or so. I think they are great for dinner and for whatever. My husband makes chicken salad all the time. He is working on perfecing his roasted chicken too. He plays around with spices, herbs, butter vs oil, temperatures. It’s quite fun to watch and taste his work.
But I took over chicken roasting duties recently to make this chicken.
It takes about 10 minutes to prep. Then another hour and a half of cooking, when it fills up your house with the best aromas. Let it rest for a bit- a must or all those delicious juices will come pouring out when you cut it. And then done. It’s done in under 2 hours which is perfect for a Sunday dinner.
I served our dinner with some fresh summer corn and a cous cous salad I quickly through together with some tomatoes, cucumbers, red cabbage, cilantro, and a lime based dressing.
The layered flavors of the spicy and smokey chipotles, zesty lime, and sweet honey make this chicken liven up your dinner tonight!
Chipotle Lime Honey Roast Chicken
Makes 1 Roast Chicken
- 5lb whole chicken, giblets removed
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 limes
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the adobo sauce, lime juice, honey, garlic.
- Carefully, lift the skin up from the breast by inserting your hands under the skin. Place about 2 Tablespoons of the adobo mixture under the skin of chicken. Massage the rest on the ski of the chicken. Generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then turn down to 375 for the rest of the cooking time.Baste every 20 minutes. If the skin of the chicken is getting too dark, or dry cover with foil for the remaining cooking time.
- Cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes, until the internal temperature is 160F.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes prior to cutting.
I roast a chicken nearly every Sunday, and this look like the perfect recipe to add to my rotation
Strength and Sunshine says
That sounds fantastic! Zesty, sweet, spicy…dinnertime!
Taylor Kiser says
Love the flavors in this roast chicken! Need to make this for dinner soon!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
We love roasting chicken! The flavors of this roast chicken sound so good!