It’s 42 days until our cruise.
I’m super amped about it. SUPER AMPED!!!!
This will be our first vacation as a family of 4, so I am really excited about that.
We are leaving out of Tampa and are going to Key West and Cozumel. While we have been to both places previously, yet I am still really looking forward to the cruise. We are just going to visit these places with a different focus now, especially having kids now.
Like, we are want to see how Key West is doing post Hurricane Irma – hopefully well! Also, the last time we were in Key West was for our Babymoon with Autumn. So fun, but I need a drink in hand this time, especially from The Rum Bar.
We have had a Royal Caribbean Credit Card for awhile and I just recently noticed that we had some points expire. Unacceptable! So I started to look into cruise that we could take and how I could redeem the points that we have before they died off. I was looking for a really affordable cruise and ending up stumbling across one that had a BOGO 1/2 OFF deal with a Kids Sail Free deal. That means the 4 of us are taking a cruise for the cost of 1 1/2 fares. WIN! And I redeemed a ton of points to cut that price in half. I nearly had a Brandi Chastain moment when I got off the phone after I booked the cruise. AHHHHHHHH!!!!! GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!
Anyway, leading up to the cruise, I should stop eating all the stuff that is brought into my office from vendors (I can resist some chocolate, but toffee from Tampa based Toffee To Go… I WILL NEVER RESIST THAT FOOD FROM THE GODS!!!!!!) and these cookies.
I’m warning you, these are super quick and easy to make, and I swear will disappear just as quickly. Cake Mix cookies for the win!!!!!
White Chocolate Chip Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
Makes 22-24 Cookies
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 15.25 ounce package of lemon cake mix
- 2 Cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Place a non-stick silicone baking mat on a large cookie sheet.
- Whisk together the oil and the eggs. Mix in the cake mix.
- Once the cake mix is completely moist and lump free, mix in the white chocolate chips.
- Scoop 8-12 heaping Tablespoon sized dough balls on to the baking sheet (depending on size of baking sheet)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until just set. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes to allow of them to firm up in the center. Remove to continue to cool on a cooling rack.
- Repeat for the rest of the cookies.