Sweetheart Chocolate Chex Mix- you’ll fall in love with this fun chex mix that is loaded up with chocolate, peanut butter, pretzels, & M&M’s. So fun!
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
Show your friends and loved ones that you really care for them this Valentine’s Day by leaving the random assortment of chocolates at the drug store and making a batch of this Sweetheart Chocolate Chex Mix. They will love the addicting handmade treat.
What are your Valentine’s Day plans?
We are still figuring our plans out. My brother is visiting with his family, so maybe we can do a double date. But then we leave the kids at home with my dad, who isn’t feeling too great. He could just put a movie on for them, but since the cousins discovered how silly it is to sing the “Poopy Poppy” song (that’s it, just those 2 words) and do a dance with it, I’m not sure how thrilled he will be to hear that 500x in a row. LOL.
Autumn is loving getting to spend time with her cousin, Cara, now. She is older so she is the best thing ever. Cool and someone that can help Autumn do things like make up, but not too old where she is made to feel like a ‘baby’. There was immediate hand holding, jumping on the bed, silly songs, and lots of fun!
Sweetheart Chocolate Chex Mix
One of the things I love most about Chex cereal is how versatile it is. It can be savory as your favorite snack mix when you load it up with zesty Worcestershire Sauce and garlic powder. Or, it can be sweet when it’s covered in butter, peanut butter, and loads of chocolate. Ah, one must not forget the generous coating on powdered sugar on there as well!
I love to stock up on Chex whenever I see that it’s on sale so that I can make a big batch of a fun snack. Sweet or savory, I enjoy it all!
This Sweetheart Chocolate Chex Mix takes your favorite ‘Muddy Buddies’ and amps it up with the additional of a white chocolate drizzle, colorful sprinkles, and M&M’s. Plus, adding in salty pretzels adds a great crunch and fun contrast to all the sweetness from the yummy chocolate.
I made this Sweetheart Chocolate Chex Mix for Valentine’s Day with pinks, reds, and whites in mind, but you can easily swap things out for a different holiday or celebration. Use different sprinkles Even mini M&M’s in there would be fun as they come in all sorts of fun colors,
Show someone just how much you love them when you make them a big batch of this Sweetheart Chocolate Chex Mix. I bet you’ll see some hearts pop out of their eyes, just like in the cartoons
Yummy Chex Recipes
How do you make Sweetheart Chocolate Chex Mix?
Melt the butter, peanut butter, and chocolate together in a bowl. Then you coat the cereal with powdered sugar. Drizzle with melted white chocolate and sprinkle with fun colored sprinkles. Toss in some M&M’s for fun.
How do you store the Chex mix?
Store the Chex mix in an air-tight storage container for up to 1 week.
Can you use almond butter instead?
Sure! If you want to make this for someone with an peanut allergy, and they are okay with almond butter, then use that instead. Want to skip nuts all together? Then use some Sunbutter, that is made with sunflower seeds.
- 5 cups Rice Chex™ and/or Corn Chex™ (or combination)
- 3 Cups mini Pretzels
- 1 1/2 Cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 Cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Pour the cereal and pretzels in a very large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on High for 30 second intervals. Stir after each Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and pretzels. Stir until evenly coated.
- Using a sifter, sprinkle the powdered sugar over the cereal, stir to evenly coat. Spread on waxed paper lined rimmed baking sheet to cool.
- Melt the white chocolate, and then put into a sandwich bag to pipe over the cooled cereal. Immediately, sprinkle the sprinkles over the cereal. Add the M&M's.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or in gift bags.