You know those times on twitter when are you DMing someone about your shared love of s’mores so you guys come up with the idea to do a week of s’mores recipes on your blogs?
Yep, those moments are pure genius.
And that is exactly what happened between Amanda and I after I was complaining to her how I could not stop thinking about the baked s’mores bars that I made after she posted s’mores bars on her blog and the new s’mores pizza she just posted.
So many s’mores, so little time? I don’t think so!!
So that became a springboard for us to post different s’mores themed recipes on our blog everyday this week.
So here I am bringing you a S’mores Chex Mix while Amanda shares S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches.
The S’mores Chex Mix is so addictive that you can’t stop munching on and the S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect summer time treat to change up the roasted, toasted routine.
I loved when I made muddy buddies and biscoff muddy buddies before so I used them to inspire me to make this S’mores Chex Mix. I love the texture of muddy buddies with the cereal being coated with a chocolate based mixture and then coated again with powdered sugar so I wanted to do that same for this S’mores Chex Mix. I made a mixture of milk chocolate and marshmallows to coat the cereals before the powered sugar. Then I added more milk chocolate chips and mini marshmallows to the mix for an extra s’mores flavored kick!
I hope that you enjoy my S’mores Chex Mix and Amanda’s S’mores Ice Cream Sandwiches as much as the rest of the ones we have planned for the rest of the week!!!
S’mores Chex Mix
Makes 18 servings
- 4 cups of Corn Chex (120 grams)
- 5 cups of Golden Grahams (206 grams)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups of milk chocolate chips, divided in 1 cup portions (123 grams)
- mini marshmallows, divided
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure out the Golden Grahams and Corn Chex cereals. Pour the cereal out on a large sheet tray.
- Combine the butter, 1 cup of milk chocolate chips, and 3/4 cup mini marshmallow in a bowl. Microwave in 15 second increments and mix until the ingredients every time until the mixture is melted together.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture onto the cereals. Gently mix until all the cereals are evenly coated. Sift the powdered sugar in small batches on the cereals and mix every time to incorporate.
- Once the coated cereals have cooled, mix in the remaining mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
amanda (@fakeginger) says
Omggggg! I want this for breakfast! Spencer freakin’ loves muddy buddies – I need to make some of this for his next package!