Halloween Deviled Eggs- accent a deviled egg with a piece of green onion and a sprinkle of paprika to make it look like a cute pumpkin!
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek, a sponsored blogger virtual event, but, as always, opinions are 100% mine.
All of your Halloween party food can be perfectly themed with simple touches and recipes. These Halloween Deviled Eggs will be a hit at your next party.
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
True story guys, I used to really hate deviled eggs. Could not stand them. Then we went to Homecomin’ Kitchen in Disney Springs and I tried one there and the ground beneath my feet shook. OMG, deviled eggs were actually good.
Here’s the thing though, you need to ditch that sweet relish. It is what was hanging me up all along and I didn’t know what the issue was.
Now that you know the secret, you too can enjoy awesome deviled eggs.
Halloween Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are a great party food because they are so easy to prepare. Plus, you can prepare them a bit in advance.
They are a party and potluck classic for very good reason.
Mash the egg yolks with the mayonnaise, pickle juice, salt and pepper. Add hot sauce to taste.
Use dill pickle juice so it gets that vinegary flavor, but without that cloyingly sweet relish flavor.
Pipe the deviled egg filling into the cavity of the egg whites. To keep them rounded, dip your finger in a bowl of water and then gently press down to round the filling.
Garnish with a sprinkling on paprika and a piece of green onion. Try to only get the paprika on just the yolk so it helps color the filling a orange color, making it look like a pumpkin with a cute little green stem.
Enjoy these Halloween Deviled Eggs for all fall gatherings. They are tasty and so pretty.
Take a look more spooky Halloween recipes from our #HalloweenTreatsWeek Bloggers today: Halloween Cookies & Bars:
- Bat Sugar Cookies from The Flour Handprint
- Voodoo Doll Cookies from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Halloween Confetti Cookies from Fake Ginger
- Black Cat Whoopie Pies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Halloween Cakes & Cupcakes:
- Marshmallow SpiderWeb Cupcakes from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Poke Cake from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Brownie Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hocus Pocus Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes from It’s Shanaka
Halloween Pies & Cheesecakes:
- Mini Candy Corn Cheesecakes from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Halloween Themed Layered Drinks from 4 Sons R Us
Chilled Halloween Treats:
- Extra Dark Chocolate Pudding from Pastry Chef Online
Sweet Halloween Treats:
- Spooky Strawberries from For the Love of Food
- Halloween Bark from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Snack Mix from Savory Experiments
- Healthy Halloween Snacks from House of Nash Eats
- Sweet & Savory Halloween Snack Board from An Affair from the Heart
- Spooky Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Poisoned Candy Apples from Fresh Coast Eats
- Donut Hole Mummies from Family Around the Table
- Halloween Caramel Popcorn Munch Recipe from Back To My Southern Roots
- Spiderweb Donuts from Lemon Blossoms
Savory Halloween Recipes:
- Mini Monster Meatball Sliders from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mummy Brie from The Spiffy Cookie
- Halloween Deviled Eggs from I am a Honey Bee
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/3 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- hot sauce
- green onions
- Halve all of the eggs, remove the yolks place them in a mixing bowl. Set the whites aside.
- Add the mayonnaise, pickle juice, and salt and pepper. Add hot sauce to taste.
- Place the filling in a plastic bag, twisting closed. Cut a small piece from the corner to be able to pip the filling into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle the paprika on just the egg yolks. Garnish with a half inch long piece of green onion at the top of the mound of filling so it looks like a pumpkin.
Refrigerate for up to 3 days in an air tight container. (I suggest putting a paper towel down in the container first to prevent them tumbling over and to absorb any condensation)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
Spooky Season is here and it is time for 2020’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 3rd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsor and bloggers this year!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Prize #2 from Angie at BigBearsWife
Ninja OP301 Foodi 9-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer and More, with 6.5 Quart Capacity and 45 Recipe Book, and a High Gloss Finish
Prize #3 from Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar
Origami Owl Locket and Halloween Charms
Prize #4 from Kathy at Lemon Blossoms
6 Quart Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Prize #5 from Terri at Our Good Life
Young Living’s Thieves Mints ($50 Value)
Pop a Thieves Mint into your mouth for cinnamint-fresh breath after meals. Made with naturally derived ingredients and free of artificial sweeteners, dyes, and preservatives, Thieves Mints are a choice you can feel good about. Created with Young Living’s Thieves essential oil blend, these mints deliver minty coolness with a hint of warm, sugar-free sweetness. Thieves Mints come in a conveniently sized container that is great to take on the go!!
Prize #6 from Julie at Back To My Southern Roots
1 Copy of – The Peanuts Family Cookbook: Delicious Dishes for Kids to Make with Their Favorite Grown-Ups
Prize #8 from Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS
1 Copy of her new cookbook “Holy Sweet! 60 Indulgent Recipes for Bigger, Better Desserts”
Prize #9 from Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
1 Copy of her cookbook, “Incredible One-Pot Cooking: Easy, Delicious Recipes for Exciting Meals Without the Mess”
Prize #10 from Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog
1 Copy of “Friends: The Official Cookbook”
ONE (1) $75 Amazon gift card
Prize #12 from Shanaka from It’s Shanaka
ONE (1) $25 Amazon gift card
Prize #13 from Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Prize #14 from Amy from House of Nash Eats
ONE (1) $100 Amazon gift card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 5th – October 10th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 14 prizes and therefore we will have a total of 14 winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes. We would also love to give a huge thanks to our Halloween Treats Week bloggers because a lot of them also donated prizes for the giveaways, including: Angie of BigBearsWife , Nicole of Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar, Kathy of Lemon Blossoms, Terri of Our Good Life, Julie of Back To My Southern Roots, Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS, Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen, Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog, Michaela of An Affair from the Heart, Jennifer of Take Two Tapas , Michele of West Via Midwest, Shanaka of It’s Shanaka, Ashley of Cheese Curd In Paradise, and Amy from House of Nash Eats!