Banana Oat Bread is a wonderful banana bread that has oats mixed into the batter to make it hearty and healthy. Delicious!
This Banana Oat Bread is a wonderful banana bread that has a hearty and toothsome bite to it with a lovely oats mixed into the batter.
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
Are you one of the normal people that buys a normal amount of bananas or are you like me and buy a crazy amount just to have them get mushy and end up in the freezer?
I bet there is some help group for people like me. The ones that have 30+ frozen bananas in these freezer at any given time. If not, maybe there should be and when we attend we all bring banana bread to trade off. ha!
Banana Oat Bread
I love banana bread and banana bread muffins.
They are a staple in our house because they are so easy to make and I basically always have the ingredients.
This Banana Oat Bread is a fun variation of the Classic Banana Bread as it incorporates oats to the batter. The addition of oats gives it a great boost in flavor and makes the texture so interesting.
You begin by mixing together the dry ingrendients and then setting them aside.
Next, you mix together the very ripe bananas with the brown sugar, egg white, and egg, and vanilla extract.
Add the oats and mix well. Fold the dry ingredients into the batter.
Bake in the prepared pan for 1 hours to 1 hour and 10 minutes at 350F. The bread will be golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into the baked bread will come out clean.
You will love this delicious Banana Oat Bread. Enjoy it warm with a hearty pat of butter and you’re in for a real treat. Yum!
What kind of oats do you use?
You will want to use old fashion oats for this yummy recipe.
If you don’t have old fashion oats, you can use instant oats, but you might just not have the same hearty texture as those oats are thinner in texture.
Can you make Muffins with this recipe?
Yes, you can make muffins! Instead of using a loaf pan, use a muffin tin. Spray the 12 cup muffin tin, evenly divide the batter among the cavities, then bake for 18-22 minutes at 375F. A tooth pin inserted into the center of the muffins should be clean when removed.
More Yummy Banana Breads
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 7 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 Cups mashed ripe banana, about 2 large
- 1 Cup Old Fashion oats
- 1/2 Cup low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare a 9 x 5 - inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir with a whisk.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, combine the brown sugar, oil, egg whites, and egg; mix well. Add in banana, oats, and milk; beating well.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until just incorporated and moist.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan placed on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Recipe adapted from from Cooking Light
You can make 12 muffins by baking for 18-22 minutes at 375F.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 5g