Sorry I couldn’t resist. Not this time…
I have really tried to steer clear from making cookies, or most sweets, while I’ve been pregnant. Sometimes I cave, but I at least plan on getting them out of my house ASAP and share so I don’t eat them all.
You see it’s just that I’ve been too afraid that I can’t resist just having one and before you know it the whole batch of cookies are gone.
Or a tray of brownies.
Or a pie.
I can’t stand that I am in love with sweets now. I can’t get off Pinterest looking at desserts hoping they would magically instantly appear in in my kitchen just for me. So when I decided to make Monster Cookies for this weekend’s race at “The Monster Mile” I was just about going to eat my laptop screen. But thankfully I resisted and held out for these mega cookies to appear in real life. And of course, hot from the oven!
These babies are large and in charge. They look really cute with the teeny tiny M&M’s throughout but they are monsters! They pack a punch from the creamy peanut butter, oats, and the double dose of chocolate. Plus they are just giants. Well, isn’t that really the point of Monster Cookies?!?!?!
Hope you enjoy this weekend’s race at Dover.
Makes 18-20 large cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 cup mini M&Ms
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Blend together the butter and sugars in a mixer.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, corn syrup, and peanut butter and blend until combined.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, oatmeal, and flour and mix until everything is well blended.
- Stir in the M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop (or just 2 spoons!) scoop dough into balls about 1 1/2″ round on a cookie sheet about 2″ apart. Just slightly flatten the dough balls.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until lightly brown and just set in the middle. Cool slightly on the pan for 3-5 minutes before removing to enjoy
Sourced from Skinny Not Skinny