Zucchini Bread with Honey Butter is going to be a summertime staple that you will love to make for yourself and for everyone you met. Spread the love! And the Honey Butter!
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
Yesterday was the unofficial end of summer and it makes me so sad!
Summer is my favorite season, because I love the long days, hot afternoon sun, and fresh summer product. So I am bummed, but at least I have a ton of zucchinis now.
Whenever I go to the local farmer’s market and Haymarket, I get tons of zucchinis. I just love cooking and baking with them so much because I love the subtle flavor and how moist they make baked goods.
I once tried growing them but I never got past the flowering stage because I’m jinxed with things like that. Oh well, I can just buy plenty at the farmer’s market, which is exactly what I have been doing. We have had plenty of grilled zucchini this year, almost to the point of getting tired of it. Really, I doubt that can actually happen- just so good.
Summertime Zucchini Bread with Honey Butter
But, I’ve been craving more than just grilled zucchini, so I have been baking up loads of zucchini bread. I think I’ve nailed the perfect recipe now. The Zucchini Bread is great, but eating it with some honey butter… mind blown.
The best thing is that you can easily double the recipe. One for you, one for a neighbor. Or one loaf for breakfast, and then another as a midnight snack. Just kidding!!!
While great big zucchinis are fun and impressive because they get sooooo big, you really need to get small ones because they are more flavorful. Plus, you get more of those pretty green flecks throughout the bread when you get smaller zucchinis. Ya know, that ratio of insides to surface area thing.
I really like the Zucchini Bread with nuts in it, but if that’s not your thing, no big, just omit the walnuts.
But, I insist that you make the Honey Butter because it’s going to be a new addiction. Really, I promise. If you like toast, waffles, pancakes, dinner rolls, muffins, and bread you will like to whip this up for it. It’s super simple and it produces a great sweet butter for this zucchini bread. Or a shoe, whatever.
This Summertime Zucchini Bread with Honey Butter is going to be a summertime staple in your house. I guarantee it.
For the Zucchini Bread
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Cups grated zucchini
- 1 Cup chopped walnuts, (optional)
For the Honey Butter
- 1/4 Cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line the bottom and sides of a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper and grease the sides. (Depending on your pan, you will only need to grease it.)
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices; set aside.
- Beat eggs and oil together until thick. Beat in the sugar.
- Stir in the melted butter and the grated zucchini.
- Gently fold the zucchini mixture into the dry ingredients. Then fold the walnuts into the mixture.
- Pour into greased pan, bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before unmolding.
- To make the butter, beat the soft butter, honey, and cinnamon until evenly mixed. Place in ramekin and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 507mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 6g