Zucchini Bundt Cake with Tequila Lime Glaze- this screams summer from the fresh zucchini to the tropical flavors of a margarita in the shiny lime gaze.
Did I ever tell you about the time I got lice?
Yep, I got lice. Then gave it to Autumn….
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread is the answer to all of your summer problems. Too much zucchini? Done! Craving chocolate? Done! Super Yum!
I am freaked out by the littlest thing right now.
I call it the “pregnancy crazies”.
Okay, I lied.
So this will be my last summery recipe.
You’ve Got Mail.
If it was 1998 my phone would be SCREAMING at me right now.
You see, I tried to really disconnect this July 4th vacation. We went up to Price’s mom’s house in Maine on Wednesday night and just got back tonight (Monday night, as I write this while watching The Bachelorette). In that time I finished a book and read another, worked on my tan, drank some refreshing wine, and ate way to much food. Hello food baby. So bad, but so good, no?
Aside from some IG and a bit of FB checking I was really disconnected. I didn’t turn on either laptop I brought. I didn’t check Twitter. There is no TV in the the house. Well, there is but there is no antennae so you can’t actually watch it. ha! But, I mainly took an email break. And it felt so good. I’m dreading check it again, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. At least it was a nice break.
I think we should all unsubscribe from all out junkie email alerts. Who’s with me! Let’s do it! I’ll start… ready go.
Anyway, this cake is something you need to subscribe to. What? Ugh, I’m tired and I am making no sense. Just make and enjoy this cake. For real.
I love zucchini bread so I knew I would love this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bundt. Yes! And then I trashed it up with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. And then sprinkles. Sprinkles make it so pretty. And the zucchini makes it healthy. Totes.
I struggle with getting bundts out of their pans. It kills me when I mess it up. But I was actually successful this time. But then I covered it all up with frosting. Go figure! But if you mess up your bundt just remember that you can cover up any mess with the yummy frosting. No one has to know! shh!!
Wish me luck tomorrow when I really 100% connect to real life again and check my oodles and oodles of email. Ugh!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bundt with Chocolate Frosting
Makes 1 10″ bundt cake
For the cake
- 12 Tablespoons butter, a room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 1/2 Cups flour
- 3/4 Cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder, optional to enhance the chocolate flavor
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups shredded zucchini (12 ounces)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
For the frosting
- 1/2 Cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 Cup ( 6 ounces) chocolate chips, melted
- 3 Cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a bundt pan with baking spray and cocoa powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, oil, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Beat in the eggs, one at a time until each is incorporated.
- Stir in the sour cream or yogurt alternately with the flour, starting and ending with the flour. Stir in the cocoa and espresso powder, mixing until smooth. Finally, fold in the zucchini and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake the cake for 40-45 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a rack.
- To prepare the frosting beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the milk and beat to combine. Add the melted chocolate and continue to beat to incorporate. Lastly, in small batches, add the powdered sugar, while the mixer is off; beat until the frosting is smooth and fluffy.
- Frost the bundt cake and generously cover with sprinkles.
Cake adapted from Parsley, Sage & Sweet, Frosting by I am a Honey Bee