Something that has always shocked me are the blog posts that receive the most traffic. Two of my top ones are the post about the adventure that Emily and I took to Satan’s Kingdom in MA and my recipe post about Mini Cheesecakes with an Oreo Crust. I love that people keep searching for those things and come to my blog that way. Unfortunately, with the cheesecake post the photos are awful. (must redo post and photos!)
Since the mini cheesecake post is such a hit I figured that making an autumnal version would be a hit for this time of year. At least I know it was well received with the contractors I work with. I brought dozen over for them (in addition to some peanut butter and jelly cookies) and I heard they went quickly at an afternoon meeting.
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with an Oreo Cookie Crust
- 2 eight ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée (or cooked, mashed, drained fresh pumpkin)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 18 oreo cookies
- Line 18 cups of 2 muffin tins with linens. Place 1 whole Oreo cookie at the bottom of the liner.
- Combine the softened cream cheese, eggs, sugar, pumpkin purée, vanilla extract, and spice. Beat until completely smooth. Divide evenly among the liners.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes, or until the centers are just set. Cool completely before serving.