Price and I recently had a party at our place for my birthday. It was centered around a Mexican theme so I’ll be posting a few recipes from that that works well for a fiesta or just a great gathering. Enjoy!
I love sangria so much because it works well year round and with so many different add in’s. You can do citrus, stone fruit, or berries, or an combination in between. I really prefer wine sangria but I have been enjoying red sangria more and more. Most of all I love to serve sangria when people are over. It works well for a crowd since you start with inexpensive wine, add fun fruit to it and it really transforms into a great drink.
This red sangria is packed with fruity flavor. All of the different types of berries add so much sweet, bright flavor. Each of the 4 different types of berries provides a different flavor to the sangria. Then when you add the tequila you get a bit of a kick to it in the end. The seltzer adds a nice bubble to the the whole thing to finish it off.
Very Berry Sangria
Serves 12-16 people
- 4 bottles of red wine
- 1 pound of strawberries
- 1 dry pint of blueberries
- 1 dry pint of blackberries
- 1 dry pint of raspberries
- 1/4 cup agave, depending on the wine
- 3 cups of tequila
- 1 liter of seltzer, or ginger-ale
- Divide the 4 bottles of wine into 2-3 pitchers, depending on the size of pitcher. Fill the pitcher about half way full.
- Wash all the fruit. Discard an bruised fruit.
- Slice the strawberries.
- Add all the fruit to the wine, divide evenly.
- Add the agave and tequila. Gently mix the wine to incorporate.
- Let chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Right before serving add the seltzer to the pitchers.
amanda @ fake ginger says
I don’t love red sangria either but I bet this is amazing with all that fruit.
I didn’t know sangria had tequila. I thought it was just wine? I’ve never had it either way but it is always intriguing to me. I bet the fruit tastes fantastic soaked in the various liquids.
My Charming Beauty says
Looks great! I’ll be trying this for our superbowl party!