This Berry Brownie Torte is a perfect treat for Memorial Day & Fourth of July BBQ’s, or any of your fun summer gatherings. Everyone will love this treat!
We are still getting settled into our new home. This process feels so slow.
Well, it is slow going since I am so slow at unpacking and I want everything to be in its final home when I unpack it, not unpack, move, move again, and move once more. So a little bit of everything is everywhere.
Thankfully, we are getting the kitchen under control. We’ve cooked a few things in there like baked chicken and some Kraft Mac & Cheese. Oh, let’s not forget cereal. Lots and lots of cereal.
Whipping up this super simple dessert took 4x longer than it should have as I am getting to know the new kitchen and move around the pots and pans (that need to get hung up- once we paint the wall and then put up the rack…).
I really love to make things from scratch all the time but there just comes a time when grabbing a box of brownie mix and box of instant pudding that works for me. And after a recent move this was the sort of “complicated” recipe I was looking forward to while enjoying our 3-day weekend- this was perfect.
I made some minor changes to the original recipe, but it’s so simple that there is not that much to change. The original recipe called for cool whip but I don’t love the taste of it, so I changed it to whipped cream. I will choose homemade whipped cream over Cool Whip any day. So I made that and folded that into the pudding. Also, after 2 trips to the grocery store in as many days I still managed to forget the condensed milk. I really kicked myself for that but I just could not get myself back in the car to go again for it so I just made the pudding the traditional way, but with a lot of less milk. Oh well, still tasty!
Plus it was win-win for Memorial Day- red white and blue!!
This summery dessert is a perfect treat for Memorial Day BBQ’s or Fourth of July Parties, or any of your fun summer gatherings. Everyone will love this treat!
- 1 box of brownie mix, with eggs, water, oil to prepare according to directions
- 1 3.4 ounce box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1/2 Cups whole milk
- 1 half pint of heavy whipping cream
- 1 Pound of strawberries; washed, stem removed, diced
- 1/4 Cup of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare your brownie mix according to the directions on the back of the box. Pour into 2 lined, sprayed 8" round baking pans. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from pans and set aside to cool completely.
- While the brownies are baking, prepare the vanilla pudding by combining the mix with the milk. Let chill at least 30 minutes to set up.
- Mix the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks have formed. Fold into the pudding and put back into the refrigerator.
- Lay 1 brownie layer on a serving dish. Put half the pudding mixture on the brownie and half the chopped strawberries.
- Repeat with 2nd brownie layer, pudding, and strawberries. Lastly, add the blueberries to the top.
Check out my previous Secret Recipe Club Posts
Check out the rest of the reveal day posts!
Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.