Ham and Cheese Sliders – The classic combination of ham and Swiss cheese baked warm and melty, topped with a tangy mustard poppy seed sauce.
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
Post Originally from 4/5/13, Pictures updated 2/3/19
Have you ever had a recipe stick with you after reading about it? I mean, like stick with you for years just waiting for you to make them? I’ve had that with these Ham and Cheese Sliders. I saw them on Emily Frame’s (old) blog way back in February of 2010.
For 3 years, I’ve thought about making them. They looked so good that I have been thinking about them since then. I kept telling myself I would make them, but just finally got around to it. Better late than never.
The wait was worth it. I fell in love with these the first bite I took.
Seriously, do you see why I’ve been thinking about them?!?!
Ham and Swiss Cheese Sandwiches are a classic combination. But that great sandwich becomes even better when it is baked. The cheese becomes ooey gooey on the warm ham. When you pull one away from the pan, you’ll see that awesome cheese pull from the melty swiss.
Besides that, the Poppy Seed Mustard Sauce that is baked into the top of the sliders is what really makes this sandwich sing. The sauce is a great combination of mustard, butter, onion flakes, and poppy seeds. The butter makes everything better. The mustard adds some tangy-ness to the slides. And the onion flakes and poppy seeds adds a great crunch. Plus, the bit of Worcestershire Sauce adds enough the umami kick to amp things up.
The Party Ham and Cheese Sliders are best straight from the oven. Just let them cool a bit so you don’t burn the roof of your mouth (like me!)
I made these Party Ham and Cheese Sliders in honor of this weekend’s Martinsville NASCAR race. Of course, I had to have some ham for a race in Virginia!
Besides enjoying them for a party, they are a great way to use up some post Easter or Christmas Ham. Oh man, just imagine making these for your guests instead of just serving some plates of leftovers. They would loooooove you.
I swear to you from the bottom of my heart that if you make these Party Ham and Cheese Sliders for a party they will be a huge hit. They will be a huge hit at home if you make a small batch for dinner. And when you make them please be sure to invite me over! Kthanks!
More Great Party Sliders
For The Sliders
- 24 white dinner rolls
- 24 pieces of honey ham
- 24 slices of Swiss cheese, if they are large slices then only use 12 slices.
- 2/3 Cup mayonnaise
For the Poppy Seed Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Halve the rolls to separate the top from the bottom.
- Put a bit of the mayo into the cut faces in the center of each roll.
- Place the bottoms of the rolls in 2 9" x 13" baking pans. Place a fold piece of the ham and the Swiss cheese on each roll.
- Place the top of the rolls on the cheese to close the sandwich.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Evenly pour the sauce all over the sandwiches.
- Let the sauce sit on the sandwiches for 10 minutes, or until butter sets slightly.
- Cover with foil and bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover & cook for an additional 2 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe can easily be halved or doubled depending on quantity needs
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 535mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g