Amanda, mom of 3 super cute boys, picked this week’s Thirsty Thursday theme for us… Mother’s Day! And just like that it reminded me that Mother’s Day is this upcoming Sunday. It’s like Easter in that it moves around, so I loose track of it.
Unfortunately I won’t get to spend this Mother’s Day with my mom. However, I am looking forward to a nice day starting with a great breakfast at home. I’m still trying to nail down what I will be making but I did have a lot of fun browsing different Mother’s Day Brunch Menus. I really just love that Mother’s Day and Brunch go hand in hand. 🙂
One such menu I came across had these great sounding Cucumber, Mint, and Basil Soda from a restaurant called Spur in Seattle. It just sounded so good! And guess what… it was!! It was refreshing and tasted so nice from the infused simple syrup. It reminded me of spa water.
I took the non-alcoholic route for this week’s theme so the kiddos or mom’s-to-be could enjoy something on Mother’s Day. So that means that Amanda made us some Mimosas!!! I just love them so very much. So refreshing and perfect for a nice brunch with mom.
Cucumber, Mint, and Basil Soda
Makes 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups Simple Syrup
- 1/2 large cucumber (about 8 oz.), thinly sliced crosswise, plus 12 slices for garnish
- 24 fresh mint leaves, plus 12 sprigs for garnish
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 6 cups soda water, divided
- In a small saucepan, bring the 1 1/2 cups simple syrup to a boil. Remove the pan from heat and add the cucumber slices (reserving 12 for garnish), mint leaves, and the basil. Cover and let steep for 30 minutes. Strain cucumber-herb syrup into a jar, pressing on solids in strainer.
- Fill a 12-oz. glass with ice cubes. Add 2 Tablespoons syrup and top with soda water (about 1/2 cup). Stir to combine.
- Garnish with the cucumber slice and sprig of mint. Repeat to make 11 more sodas.