TODAY IS PRICE’S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
And we’re still in Raleigh enjoying this break in the routine. It’s so refreshing to be together in a new place while celebrating his birthday. We were in Chicago 2 years ago, when I surprised him for his 30th, and in the Florida Keys last year, when we were babymooning and got engaged. We just love to do big birthdays and to get away! Woohoo!!
Raleigh, and its surrounding suburbs, are great with cute stores and amazing food. But the thing that I have been LOVING is the weather.
While it’s hot down here, fall is ramping up back in Boston, which is why I am bracing myself for the cold months ahead. While I hate the cold, I’m enjoying the refreshing smells, sights, and tastes that Autumn brings. That #1 taste is pumpkin!
Now, PSL’s were a big deal back in AUGUST since they released them stupid early, but I’ve resisted so far and have held off to wait until the First Day of Fall… today!!!! Besides waiting for PSL’s, I wait on pumpkin based recipes until October. But I broke my own rule this year by making these Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins before October. But for good reason… it’s Secret Recipe Club Reveal Day!!!!!!!
This month I was given Lynsey’s blog, which is so much fun. Right now she is posting all about waffles. Be still my heart! I love waffles so much. (I actually have a fun plan for them next year…) While I wanted to make a waffle recipe, I didn’t want to make something so brand new. I searched high and low and discovered so many great recipes. We liked the Chocolate Cobbler, Southwestern Pasta Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing, and the Pumpkin Coffee Pound Cake a lot.
These are mini donut muffins are so dang good! I loved the pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree in the muffin and, of course, the cinnamon sugar mixture on the outside is the icing on the cake.
The point is that the Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins are such a great treat to enjoy for breakfast or for an afternoon treat with some cider. Omg. I so need to make these again to have some more this fall!
The one thing to note about these are that they have a very short shelf life. I made them on a Sunday to bring into work on Monday but no deal. The butter and sugar made a sticky sweet syrup which was just not pleasant. So the moment you put the butter on these babies you are limited to enjoying them pretty soon. It’s not to stay that you can’t make the muffin a bit ahead of time, warm them slightly, and then dip them in the butter and rolling them in sugar right before serving them, but you can’t store these guys.
These Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins are the perfect fall treat!!
Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins
Makes about 48 mini donut muffins
For the muffins
- 1 3/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 can pumpkin puree
For the coating
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 2 24 cup muffin pans, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice and stir to combine. Set aside. In a large bowl combine pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla, and sugar and beat until smooth. Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined and smooth.
- Fill the mini muffin tins evenly, using about 1 1/4-1 1/2 tablespoons, and bake for 10-12 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool 2-3 minutes, until able to handle, then dip in butter and coat in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bakes for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Adapted from Lynsey Lou’s
Check out all the other FANTASTIC bloggers who are participating in SRC today! Such great recipes!!!!!
Check out my almost 3 years of Secret Recipe Club posts!!!! It has been a real blast!!
Thanks for visiting. Please leave me a comment to provide some feedback. I appreciate all the comments I receive.