Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Scones are bursting with flavor from ripe raspberries and are indulgent with chocolate chunks.
Any morning that begins with these Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Scones, is going to be a good morning. Starting your day with a homemade scone that is bursting with berries and rich chocolate is a win in my book.
Post Contains Affiliate Links. Read my full disclosure HERE
Some of are my favorite things to make for breakfast on the weekends are scones. They are very easy to whip up, so it allows my kids to help me. Plus, we typically have all the ingredients already on hand.
Scones are so great because you can be really creative with the various fillings you put inside of them. You can leave them plain and top them with some honey or some jam. Or you can incorporate some fresh fruit into them. No matter what I am a fan of adding chocolate into my scones.
Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Scones
These Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Scones are a favorite in my family. They are incredibly tender and flavorful from the fresh raspberries. And, you just can’t resist the large chocolate chunks that melt perfectly in the scones as they bake. The chocolate and raspberry are a perfect pairing together.
You first start by measuring out the dry ingredients. I prefer to use a scale when baking but you can easily do this with measuring cups.
To that bowl you add very cold butter that you have cut up into small pieces. Using your fingertips you quickly work the butter into the dry ingredients. You want the flour and butter mixture to be crumbly with pea-sized chunks of butter throughout.
After that, you mix the chocolate chunks in. Then you add the raspberries just prior to folding the heavy cream into the scone mixture. Because the raspberries are so delicate you want to do this very gently.
On a well floured surface, you work the dough into a large rectangle approximately 1 inch thick. Transfer this large rectangle onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Then you evenly score 8 scones from that large rectangle with a knife, pressing half way through the dough. You don’t need to separate them they will bake evenly.
Brush a bit more of the heavy cream on top of the scones, and top with a generous sprinkling of sugar. Bake until Golden Brown.
Grab some in season raspberries today and make a batch of Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Scones. You’ll love every soft perfect bite of the scone with some coffee or tea. Savor your yummy scones.
Delicious Scone Recipes
- 10 ounces all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small chunks, kept cold
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate chunks
- 3/4 Cup heavy cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- sugar for dusting before baking
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add the cold butter, and quickly rub the butter into the flour mixture with your fingers until the mixture resembles wet sand with a few pea sized lumps of butter remaining.
- Add the raspberries, mixing to incorporate. Then gently mix the chocolate chunks.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla extract. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the mixing bowl, gently tossing with the flour and butter mixture. Add just enough of the wet ingredients to bring the dough together as you stir gently. You don’t want the dough to be too sticky.
- Once the dough comes together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Shape the dough into a large rectangle, and place the rectangle on the prepared baking sheet. Score the rectangle into 8 equal parts, cutting almost all the way through.
- Brush heavy cream on the top of the scones, and then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes, until the tops of the scones are slightly golden.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 21gProtein: 6g