Inspired by spanakopita, this Easy Greek Spinach Quiche is loaded with spinach and feta. It’s like your taste buds traveled to Greece!
Quiche makes for a wonderful meal you can eat all day long. Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It’s a versatile meal that is is yummy and adaptable.
I recently went to the mall to have lunch and hang out with some other new moms in my mom’s group. We breezed all around the mall with our strollers as a fun way to get out of the house in these intense winter. (NO MORE SNOW PLEASE!!)
Well, before I left I ran into Sur la Table to get some fun things to play around with. Picking up a few things makes me so excited to be in the kitchen cooking and baking, even when I’m worn out from a newborn.
Easy Greek Spinach Quiche
When I went to Greece a few years ago I really fell in love with spanakopita, feta, and Greek Salads (which are not like the ones you get from pizzeria here).
I was thinking back to my trip to Greece and was craving spanakopita recently so I decided to take those flavors and incorporate that into a quiche.
This Easy Greek Spinach Quiche is made with spinach, feta, oregano, and is topped with slices of tomato. Now, you can really enjoy your favorite Greek flavors right at home for breakfast!
You start to make the Greek Spinach Quiche by defrosting the package of frozen chopped spinach. Squeeze out all excess liquid from the spinach.
In a large bowl, beating the eggs well.
Next, add the spinach into the beaten eggs. Mix well to break up any clumps of spinach.
Mix in the feta cheese. I suggest using block feta as it typically holds more moisture than crumbled feta, giving it more flavor too.
Pour the quiche into the pie crust. Place the pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet in case there is any overflow in the oven.
Top the quiche with sliced of tomato prior to baking for 50 minutes, and letting rest for another 15.
Make this quiche and you’ll enjoy a piece of Greece right at home!
What are the ingredients?
- 9″ pie crust
- frozen spinach, thawed
- 12 eggs
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- plum tomatoes
How do you prepare the quiche?
The quiche is really easy to make! It’s only a few ingredients and
Beat the eggs well, then add the thawed spinach, feta, and spices to the eggs. Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust, then top with tomato slices.
Bake for 50 minutes and then cool prior to enjoying.
Can I use homemade crust?
Absolutely! Use homemade, refrigerated, or frozen. You can use any one of those when you make this great Easy Greek Spinach Quiche.
- 1 9" pie crust
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 oz of block feta
- 1-2 plum tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" pie plate with non-stick cooking spray then place the pie crust into the pie plate.
- Thoroughly drain the spinach removing as much liquid as possible.
- Mix together the spinach, eggs, black pepper, salt, red pepper flakes, and oregano.
- Pour the spinach and egg mixture into the pie crust.
- Chop up the feta and add to the top of the quiche.
- Slice the tomato into pieces that are just thinner than a 1/4" thick. Evenly place 8 slices in a circle around the quiche and place 1 slice in the center.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Turn off the oven and let sit for another 15-20 minutes, or until set in the center.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1059Total Fat: 62gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 298mgSodium: 1278mgCarbohydrates: 101gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 25g