I love any excuse to enjoy some chocolate at breakfast, so these Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect breakfast when you are on the go. Or you can enjoy it as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea or coffee. You won’t be able to resist these fresh strawberries and bits of chocolate in these muffins.
Rise and Shine!!!!
I swear the whenever I think that I am going to get the chance to sleep in, it seems like I am up earlier than ever. If it’s not from a kid waking me up with some demand (food or boob), it’s something so ridiculous like some loud crane yelling from a roof top, or I just wake up early AF and can’t go back to sleep.
It’s always something…
Today, it is was the fact that I had to dig a receipt out of the trash before my husband threw out the garbage.
I had accidentally thrown out a receipt I needed for redeeming some cash back deals for the Ibotta app. I love that app so much, because it is so easy to use and I earn so much money back with it. But there are times it drives me crazy since I sometimes I throw out receipts and damn it!!! I realized this in the middle of the night and woke him up and told him. But, really, I knew he wouldn’t remember it and more than likely clean up the kitchen and bring out the very full kitchen garage to the trash.
Sure enough, he is giving me the opportunity to sleep in and I remember the receipt and I’m up!!!! “I NEED MY RECEIPT!! I HAVE CASH BACK AND A CASH BACK BONUS FOR THE WINE I BOUGHT!!!” Yep, I’m insane, but we all know that by now anyway.
Also insane, are these Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins.
These muffins are so good!!! That might seem like hyperbole, and it probably is, but I get to say these things since this is my blog and I made these muffins. #fact
They are especially soft in texture and have a great summery freshness and sweetness from the fresh strawberries. Plus, they feel extra indulgent from the chocolate, but really, it’s just a bit in there. Using the mini chocolate chips allows them to be more evenly distributed throughout the muffin. Chocolate in every bite is really important because, well, it just is.
When referring to the in process photos, please note that I doubled the recipe to make a pan of standard muffins and a pan of mini muffins. The regular muffins were for my husband and I, while the mini muffins were for the kids. Besides wanting the variety in the size of the muffins, I tend to cook and bake in bulk and freeze the extras so that we can easily grab something on the go.
These Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins are sure to be a hit at your table or at your desk or in your car. On a bike, in a box, with a fox. It doesn’t matter where or when you enjoy them, just enjoy them. I suggest grabbing two muffins. 🙂
- 1/2 Pound strawberries
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup plain yogurt, I suggest whole fat yogurt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray the cups of 12-cup standard muffin tin or a 24- cup mini muffin tin.
- Dice the strawberries, set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, egg, sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined- it will still be lumping. Gently fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips to combine and reduce the amount of lumps in the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Bake for 18 - 21 minutes for a standard muffin or 17-18 minutes of a mini muffin, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store at room temperature in an air tight container for 2 days. Freeze in a plastic bag, with the air pushed out, for up to 3 months.
Recipe Adapted from Martha's Baking Addiction